Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A few weeks ago it occurred to me that I would be leaving Albany and I had no pictures (not uncommon for me) of some of the coolest sites there.  On a lunch outing during a training break I whipped out my phone and voila pictures!!!!  
When my older brother and I were much shorter (him) and much younger (me) we called this "The Great Big Bowl of Cereal".  It is more commonly known to the rest of the world as The Egg.  My mother would arbitrate our claims of what exactly was inside as my brother was certain it was Cheerios and I was equally certain it must be Cinnamon Life.  I recall a field trip here as a child where I heard (this is a LONG time ago and I can not confirm the accuracy with the all knowing internet) that this is the last of three still standing in the world.  From that time on I have always been a bit wary walking near or underneath it.

The NYS Museum, home to many cool displays and exhibits.  What is not seen in this picture are the tunnels that run underneath the concourse to the Museum; if you were there 35 years ago and had your quiet Sunday ruined by two kids who would run through those tunnels yelling because the echo was so awesome; well I can only apologize, shrug my shoulders and say "kids!".  

The Capitol, nice to finally see it without the crane hovering in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment